Dear Incoming Seventh Graders,
In preparation for seventh grade, you are being asked to read at least three books this summer. Two books have already been picked for you; one is a book of your choosing.
Nothing But the Truth by Avi. You will discuss this book in English class.
A book of your choosing from the US Teacher Recommended Book Choices:
- Bloomability by Sharon Creech (with Ms. Caldwell)
- The Inner Game of Tennis by W. Timothy Galleway (with Mr. Gillis)
- The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis (with Mr. Goodwin)
- The Shakespeare Stealer by Gary Blackwood (w/ Mrs. Hager)
- Because of the Rabbit by Cynthia Lord (with Mrs. Harrington)
- The Hobbit by J. R. R. Tolkein (with Ms. Hurlburt)
A third book of your choice.
Seventh graders will complete a “reading summary” for Nothing But the Truth and the free book choice. Nothing is required for your Teacher Recommended book.
Please bring your written responses and books to your first English class next fall. Have a wonderful summer and happy reading!
English Department Chair